Question:
.308 or .30-'06?
scsd126jdw
2005-12-20 09:21:03 UTC
Which rifle is better? I am interested in accuracy at long range (approx. 400 yds). I also want to know about ease of use (bolt action, etc.) at a prone shooting position. I am getting into competitive shooting and need to decide which to buy.
Two answers:
CottonPatch
2005-12-21 20:42:03 UTC
Not much difference, I own them both. For competitive shooting I would probably go with the 308, For hunting big game probably the 30-06, you can get it up to 220 grain for larger animals.
paul67337
2005-12-20 10:24:52 UTC
The .308, it's what alot of military snipers use. The 308 is also very similar ballistically to the 06 but has less recoil. I happen to be holding a .308 in my avatar.